How much are we really aware as to how it IMPACTS and IMPROVES our lives, and how do we manage it in a way to deliver results? Well, that is something I have been chasing for the past 11 years, through experimentation, start-ups, advising start-ups, inventing, and writing books.
Yes, writing books. The most recent project I wrapped up moments ago was on parenting. First off, parenting is a deep and passionate topic of mine and others — both family caregivers and parents alike. Tackling this required me to truly leverage a few core talents that I have excelled at for years (you possess many of these traits and the others are dormant, I promise).
Specifically, talents around developing practical and elegant insights to highly complex situations (Einstein would be proud). These skills of pattern matching, observation, study, broad research domains, and experimentation brought a distinct set of skills to form concrete examples and ideas around parenting. I also was able to tap into and develop my artistic capabilities, and craft a beautiful book with rich visual examples to connect with the reader.
The exploration and experimentation for making a book though is found in the actual creation — the execution. Here are the vast areas where technology and diverse teaming were required to produce the book:
- Drafting of the book using online only editors (Google Apps)
- Setting up a rich universe and feedback system across 1,ooo+ individuals
- Launching surveys across social media and direct to individual experts
- Hiring international team members (Germany, Philippines, and Canada) to provide artistic, interior design, and exterior design services
- Printing and field testing the book using on-demand printing systems
- Creating a wholesale company account to pre-order
- Developing a storyboard marketing plan using vast online management and execution tools
and much more!
It is striking to me the integration of social media, online instant-delivery tools (imagine using this technology to create an individually designed in-person experience), conventional online tools, and international coordination through support platforms that allows for scale and efficiency.
These past few months I have been blessed to be able to explore my curiosity in this space of parenting and create a manuscript that I hope will benefit many families. It also allowed me to sharpen my consumer engagement knowledge that I look forward to utilizing more in the future. A great lesson for me, and perhaps one you can draw upon, too.
Discovery how you can publish too: Book Publishing and Book Printing Solutions for Nonfiction and Fiction